A home that is scattered and does not represent a commendable sense of aesthetics does not only make it look shabby and cluttered but it also has adverse effects on the psychological health of the residents. Your home is your peaceful sanctuary where you retire to at the end of the day and hence it should exude peace, comfort and inspiration.
At times the usage of the same old décor pieces can get boring and that coupled with some wrong purchases and disorganised hangings can ruin your interiors to a great extent.
But nothing to worry. You can revamp the space by infusing your favourite shades, inspirations and themes so that you space is able to endow a positive impact on your soul, mind and body.
- Start with the Door – If you want to make a great impression then it must start with your entrance which means your front door. You should paint the door with a glossy and fun hue like red, yellow or orange. Or anything else according to your choice.
- Remove the Clutter with a Shoe Rack – You should organise the footwear in the house in space-friendly and small way. A shoe rack with a capacity of 12-14 shoes is perfect for compact homes with space limitation. Make your entrance clutter-free by opting for such a rack.
- Keep the Wall Colours Neutral and Light – You should stick to shades like grey or beige especially in the first floor where the flow is essential. You should limit jarring transitions. The neutral walls give a lot of flexibility and options to accessorise it up. And in case if you have two small rooms one beside the other, using the same neutral tone for both of them offers a larger feel to them. You can however use a subtle variation in this case.
- Use Vibrant Layers of Lighting – At times, just a central lighting is not enough. You should think about building layers of lighting in key sections of the room to spark up more life to the entire space. For the nights, a night stand will work perfectly for avoiding excessive lights on the eyes.
- Keep a Space for the Things that You Love – Your shelf does not have to be filled with just books. This is a great way to incorporate items that you have gathered over the years including the souvenirs, flowers, your books, vases and other items of décor that will inspire you constantly.
- Ensure the Sofa Talks to the Chairs – No home is complete without a conversation area and it must be designed in either an H shape with two chairs directly across a sofa with a coffee table at the middle or a U shape where the sofa and two chairs face each other at each end of the coffee table. Also, you should not push the furniture towards the wall as this does not make the room look larger. Instead float them around.
- Make the Bed Comfortable – Nothing surpasses a nice and comfy bed with cosy pillows and fresh bed sheets. In order to enjoy the ambience of the room you have to make the bed work for you. You should pick the right pillows with covers sets and the right foam to set the right mood.
Apart from the above, instead of cluttering your space with extra pieces you can always opt for furniture hire when there is get-together or party at you place just like people go for wedding furniture hire that helps them to get the perfect pieces for the big day. The above are some of the significant tips for decorating your home in a way that will make you look forward to returning to your safe abode every day.