It is said that lighting is an art. Naturally, one of the most important rooms of your house where you unwind at the end of a hectic day and wake up to a new day prepared to take the world in your stride – your bedroom deserves the best of illuminations possible.
Lighting happens to be a key player in your bedroom design and no matter whether you prefer a chandelier, pendant, lamp or scones, here are some inspirations that you require for your bedroom to read, relax and snooze. Take a look.
- Wall Scones – The wall scones on two sides of the bed can make night-time reading very enjoyable. 6 feet is the rule of thumb scone height for the bedroom that may need some adjustments if the bed is lower towards the ground or the ceiling is higher than normal. Make sure that the upwards facing scones are above the eye level so that you cannot see the bulbs.
- Swooping Bedside Lights – Two beautiful swooping lights on either side of the bed are great for illuminating the room and make it ideal for reading or doing any other work. The adjustability of the lights makes these more elegant and convenient for the resident of the room.
- Pendant Lamps – Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec brings to you Aim Pendant Lamps that can dance in the middle of a spectacular bed platform and enhance the mood of the surroundings. The platform ascends the walls. The lights wrap around the ceiling for offering an enclosed and cosy feeling even within a large space.
- Minimalist Pendant Light – Decoding and designing your room means that you can go a bit bold with the light. This is particularly the case if your bedroom ceiling is high. A pendant can look swooning in such a space provided you keep the colour neutral like beige.
- Built-in Lamps – You can install the bedside lamps into the headboard for creating a no-fuss, sleek accent that blends in beautifully and saves space.
- Light in the Ceiling Fan – In bedrooms, the ceiling fans can do double duties – they can provide relief from the scorching heat and also offer bright overhaul lighting. For a softer impact, you should choose a light kit that is pointed to the ceiling or covered by a shade. A ceiling fan that works with a remote can prevent you from getting out of bed once you have retired to unwind and sleep.
- Flat Ceiling Lamp – A flat ceiling lamp at the centre of a gilded ceiling can bring to life a luxurious bedroom. The flat simple lamp design can offer an understated accent that can put focus on the ceiling and the rest of the room.
- Rope Lighting – The rope lighting is a stylish way of illuminating your bedroom that is a space for relaxation and rest and this lighting sets the right mood for it. The running rope lighting at the back of the headboard or at the underside of the bed frame will produce a welcoming and warm lighting. You can add a rope lighting to create a tranquil ambience in your room.
- Lamp with See-Through Base – If there is a lot of pattern and flamboyance in your bedroom then don’t let the lighting make it more chaotic. Instead choose a see-through glass vase base for a bedside lamp. This makes it almost disappear and hence not overpowering.
- Gilded Tree Lamp – The style of your bedroom is highlighted with a golden tree lamp that is branch-inspired. This is the perfect blend of traditional and modern style that will illuminate any space in a chic manner.
The above are some of the most stylish ways of illuminating your bedroom so that it can present a space that you will love to return to after a hectic day.