Home – is such a term the very utterance of which brings in a sense of respite. It is the safe abode that we look forward to returning at the end of each day in order to unwind the day’s stress and relax so that we come back the next day even stronger.
This goes without saying that we want to make it the most serene and stunning space for us. But what is it that actually makes home décor timeless! Some homes look worn down and look out of style very quickly while others always look like they are decorated just a few days back.
So we must understand the difference between the two so that we can figure out the features of a timeless interior design. You should also understand that by “timeless” it means a home décor that never grows out of style or you never grow out of it personally.
There are several ways through which you can ensure that your interior design stands the taste of time. Just read on.
- Opt for a Muted Palette – The lesser colours used in a room the more restful and pleasing is the design. So get rid of the gloomy colours, steer clear of overstuffed furniture as well as the multitude of knickknacks that characterise the Victorian era. The colours recede to the background when there is a restricted palette allowing the furnishings and the accessories to take centre stage. You should go for rugs that are full of colours but devoid of patterns. Also, you should abandon the useless trifles. But it is cool to change curtains and slip-covers several times through the seasons as that will give the interior a variety adding a sense of rejuvenation every time one enters the space.
- Keep Trendy Colours and Patterns for the Accents – Timeless décor implies fabrics that will be immune to years of altering trends. So keeping the above point in mind you should go for colours and patterns only for the big-ticket items as they look amazing even after the specific years’ trend has come and gone. Add layers of accent decors like tableware, arts, lamps, bedding, pillows in the latest styles and colours. They can be changed easily when they have come and gone. When you have timeless background, introducing a new colour or style is super easy.
- Go for Minimal Décor – The uncluttered and minimal décor will always be timeless as compared to a busy décor. If you want to stand the taste of time choose quality over quantity.
- Pay Attention to the Nitty-gritties – You should spend time to choose every décor detail with care. You should concentrate on the seating, lighting, mirrors, candles and objects of the art – practically everything. For the timeless look less is more. So before picking something ask whether you really want it for your room or not. Sit in the room and introspect how it will look before making the decision.
- Live the Way You Love – Most significantly you should live with what you love. If you are looking for that timeless, classic look you should choose the pieces that you love. Afterall it is your sanctuary so make it a reflection of the wonderful you. In fact, if you pay attention you will be able to come up your own strategies to achieve the perfect timeless look. So, pay heed to your choices and make it work.
The above are some of the ways in which you can get the timeless interiors for your home. Just like the choice of the right conference chair hire can enhance the