Who doesn’t want to make their house look luxe! Carri Bradshaw’s awesome closet is still etched in our mind long-after watching the movie. But not all can afford the super expensive decors or pieces of furniture.
So when it comes to giving your home the fancy renovation remember that it is not about upgrading each and everything. Rather it is about upgrading the right ones. The intricacies like opulent accessories, polished appliances and other smart décor pieces can have a major impact on any room and elevate the ambience of any space.
In order to bring in the class and opulence to your place, here are certain things that you should try. Just take a look.
- Hang a Large-Scale Art – You can create a focal point and offer your home the coveted wow factor by hanging an over-sized piece of art in the living room. With little hassle you can get a look that is high impact and chic. You should keep an eye on the thrift stores and flea market for the large pieces at reasonable prices. You can also create one of your own if you are renovating on a budget.
- Add an Amazing Light Fixture – Hardware can be used to bring forth the luxurious look and feel all the time. So imagine what a magnificent appliance can do for your kitchen! A statement light fixture can do just that for all other rooms.
- Go for Sleek Appliances – Who says that functionality can’t look as gorgeous! From the laundry room to the kitchen, investing in high-quality appliances won’t just make life easier but it will also offer the deluxe feel.
- Add Fruits and Flowers – You can place a few exclusive houseplants around the space and fill a large bowl with oranges. Fresh flowers also extend a luxurious feel all the time.
- Simplify the Styling – An over-accessorized room can look disorganised and messy instead of looking sophisticated and simplified. So you should adhere to the minimalistic approach and retain the pieces that have sentimental values. A space that is simplified will enable the elements that are remaining to shine and it will also not cost you heavily.
- Add the Right Sized Rug – It can be quite a difficult decision to make when you need to spend heftily for something just to walk all over it. But a rug that is properly sized can change the ambience of the room massively. And if you take care of it, the rug will last really long and be a complete value for money.
- Opt for Decorative Gold Bookends – For lining up your favourite novels, gold bookends do a great job, but for a great and classy feel the bookends absolutely stand out. This way you can accessorise a room without adding clutter. You can add a gilded touch to your literary possessions with gold bookends.
- Add Texture – In order to achieve the high-end feel layering exciting textures throughout the house is a great idea.
- Add Molding – Besides the occasional artwork, if the walls are bare you can consider adding molding to the chair rail, baseboard or ceiling. Experts suggest that it does not need to be very intricate or gaudy Victorian-style molding. Just single depth or single shape can do the trick.
- Display Coffee-Table Books – The oversized coffee table books add dimensions to the flat surfaces. They also reflect on your personality. So display coffee table books of your chosen topics that can range from your favourite band to interesting travel photography.
The above are some of the tips to make your home look more luxurious without you needing to break the bank. These will definitely help to design your space the way you have dreamt of.