You always want to buy your dream house and move in there as soon as you can. And now that you have it, it’s time to make some improvements to make it your own. Given that scenario, renovations should be done before you get settled into your new home to ensure that no furniture will be at risk for damage Hiring top-rated furniture movers still remains your best option when it comes to packing your furniture safely and efficiently and your family can avoid the exposure to dust and odors which can be dangerous to their health. Remember, doing some renovations can make your new residence a comfortable and refreshing place to live in.
In this article, we’ll provide a list of tips on how you can give your new home a makeover before the moving truck shows up.
1. Decide first how you’ll do the renovation – Before making your home renovation plan, you have to consider a lot of things when making a sound decision. First, you should decide how you’re going to give your new home a makeover. Whether you want to do it on your own or hire a renovation company, you need to decide on this matter as early as you can.
2. Paint the walls – Painting walls can personalize your new residence for a little budget. By changing the colors of your walls and other surfaces, you can make your place more inviting and cozier. Thus, start choosing at least two colors and make sure the preferable ones have neutral shades. If your budget permits, never hesitate to get the services of a professional painter.
3. Add plants – Keeping indoor plants inside your new home can transform it into a positive space. The more you add plants, the more you can improve your indoor aesthetic. By seeing some little greens in your new place, you’ll feel calm and relaxed. If you want to feel the aesthetic benefits of adding plants, then having one pot can be a great idea.
4. Update your interior – In today’s modern world, you should always go for a fabulous look for your new home. Below are some ways you can design your home space with comfort and satisfaction:
- Keep your new place clean – You’ll never want to live in a dirty place. If you’re going to give your home a beautiful makeover, start by keeping it clean and clutter-free. Doing so can help you feel relaxed and at home.
- Dress your windows – You can either use Venetian blinds or curtains to makeover your windows. Before dressing them up, get your windows deeply cleaned including the hidden corners that you don’t usually see.
- Add an artwork – In addition to painting your walls, hang artwork in the living room and make it as the focal point. By merely looking at some paintings leaning against a wall, you can get a boost of happiness and pleasure in the long run. Remember, surrounding yourself with things that can make you happy and energize can help you capture that feeling of homeyness.
- Upgrade lighting fixtures – Having proper lighting in your new home can go a long way. With a variety of lighting fixtures to choose from, you can always add the appropriate ones. If you want to promote relaxation, choose those fixtures that produce shades of white or yellow. If you’re looking to save more energy, select some energy-efficient bulbs. Moreover, candles can also be a great option because they can add a sufficient amount of coziness and warmth to space.
- Buy new pieces of furniture – If your budget can accommodate, buying new furniture can be a perfect makeover tip. Before doing so, measure your new home’s width, length, and other dimensions. Make sure the pieces you’re going to buy fit your space well. If you need assistance for hauling your new furniture during the move, work with an experienced moving company NYC.
5. Make bathroom and kitchen improvements – If you’re not dealing with broken fixtures, then you may want to upgrade the look of your kitchen and bathroom. To do that, replace the tiles and paint them afterward. Instead of using shower curtains, you can install a glass sliding door to achieve a classy look. However, if you see some damaged fixtures, replace them before the moving day. It is also wise to have a professional sewer inspection prior to investing in new tiles. Thankfully, there are also trenchless pipe lining options available that can save you from having to destroy your tiles.
6. Enhance the façade – Typically, people will always look at the outer part of your new home. Hence, make an effort to enhance your façade. In addition to your interior, the exterior portion of your new abode can also make it feel like home. If you’re searching for ways to do it on a budget, you can repaint the fences and gates, trim the grass, and place colorful plants in the front section.
No question that buying and moving to a new house isn’t easy. However, the entire process becomes even more complicated when it comes to makeovers and renovations. So, if you want to streamline your makeover project in your new home in NYC, use this list of to-dos and hire some professionals like Movers NYC for the transition.